The Group Study Room is available during normal library hours primarily for use by persons working on group projects or in other situations when interaction between people might cause disruption in open areas of the library.
Preference in booking the room will be given to such groups.
- Adults and students in 6th grade and above may use the Group Study Room. Younger children may use the room when an adult is also present in the room.
- The Group Study Room may not be used for socializing purposes.
- This room may not be used for commercial sales or business promotions.
- You may reserve a time to use the Group Study Room in advance either in person at the Adult Services Reference desk or by calling this desk at (248) 618-7693. Bookings are for a maximum of 2 hours per group, per day. Upon arrival it is necessary to check in at the Adult Services Reference desk. If there is someone else in the room you have reserved, please ask the Adult Services librarians for assistance.
- A single user may reserve a time to use this space following the procedures listed above.
- A single user may not make a recurring booking.
- Booking of this room can also be done on a walk-in basis if the room is not already reserved.
- There is a limit of eight (8) people at a time in the Group Study Room.
- As is true throughout the library, no smoking, food, or drinks without lids are allowed in the Group Study Room. Persons misusing the Group Study Room, disturbing others, being noisy, etc. will be asked to leave.