|Total square footage||27,300|
|Total collection size as of JUL 2012||179,000+|
|Total electronic resources as of JUL 2012||30,726|
Staff - Full-time
Staff - Part-time
Total cardholders - as of JUL 2012
Percentage of population
Visits - Annual - 2011
|Busiest day of the week||Tuesday|
|Circulation - Annual - 2011||366,837|
|Workstation sessions - Annual - 2011||110,938|
- Purchased with funds collected by school children in Waterford in 1995. The sculpture was originally located on the east side of the library facing into the Children's Room. It was relocated following the move of the Children's Room after the 2003-04 renovation project was completed.
- Name: Slyboots. Selected from entries in a contest conducted by the staff in the Children's department in 1995.
- Artist: Sharon Sommers, 1938-2008. Sharon taught for 30 years at Pierce Jr. High in Waterford, and was also active with the Waterford Foundation. In her free time she enjoyed riding her two horses, traveling out West and her many trips to Africa to see the animals. Sharon was also a member of the Society of Animal Artists where she was an accomplished bronze animal sculptor.
- The Fine Arts Sculpture Centre in Clarkston, MI cast all of her work.
Contact information for the Centre:
4975 Waldon Road
Clarkston, MI 48348
|Trees/Shrubs outside the library |
- A Kousa dogwood and a crab apple tree are outside the front door. Both flower in spring.
- Serviceberry bushes are in the islands of the parking lot. They flower in spring and have edible berries in June/July.
- 10-year millage first passed in 1992 @ a rate of 1mill
- Renewed in 2002 & 2012 @ a rate of .9118 mill